Craving a warm, fulfilling, full meal during a cold winter night?
Say no more. This recipe certainly ticks all the boxes for a perfect dinner meal. It only takes up about half an hour to prepare this flavorful chicken noodle soup.
What gives this recipe a special kick is using intact chicken breasts with their skin and bones for the broth. This enriches the flavor of the soup even more and definitely makes this recipe unlike any other noodle soup.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 2 intact chicken breasts
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 medium peeled and sliced carrots
- 2 sliced stalks of celery
- 6 cups of the chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 fresh stalks of thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley (optional for garnish)
- First, you will need to boil your noodles in a separate, regular pot according to the package instructions.
- We don’t need to cook the noodles in the pressure cooker, as it already takes just a few minutes in a normal pot to be ready.
- You can start preparing the chicken broth in the pressure cooker in parallel with the noodles, by first letting the pot warm up by adjusting the settings on ‘Sauté’ and waiting for few minutes until it’s ‘Hot’ then you will spread some olive oil in the pot and throw in the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes until it browns up and crisps on the surface.
- Add all the vegetables and mix them with the chicken for 2-3 minutes or until the onions soften up.
- Mix in the chicken broth with the spices and the water into the pot. Close the lid, and adjust the settings to ‘Soup’
- Now it’s a matter of a few minutes, 8 minutes until your rich, tasty chicken soup is ready.
- When the 8 minutes are up, it’s important to wait for 5-10 minutes before opening the lid, to release the pressure of the pot.
- When it’s safe to open the lid, go ahead and transfer the chicken breast into a dish and try to cut the breasts into small random pieces using two forks.
- Mix the chicken pieces up with the cooked noodles back in the pot. Sprinkle the chopped parsley on top and dish up!