You can’t really enjoy your weekend without some amazing French toasts filled with cinnamon, butter, and vanilla, with some banana slices and caramel sauce. It’s the best breakfast no doubt. And with this recipe, you will get to make your own IHOP French toast at home for you to enjoy with a nice cup of coffee.
IHOP is this famous restaurant that serves the best breakfast dishes, ranging from simple pancakes to waffles, crepes, and delightful French toasts.
- Avoid leaving the bread to soak in the egg mixture for a long time so that it can retain its texture.
- You can use any type of milk you prefer. They all work perfectly with this recipe.
- Don’t skip the vanilla extract, it neutralizes the flavor and adds an extra sweet taste.
- Add unsalted butter to retain the sweetness of the whole dish.
Frequently asked questions:
What are the best French toast toppings?
Well, there is a wide range of French toasts toppings, either sweet, savory, or even spicy!
You can add some salted crisped-up bacon on top or two fried eggs for a well-balanced breakfast. Or if you’re craving sweet dessert, then go for Nutella, cinnamon, pecans for extra crunchiness, PB&Js, or my personal favorite, peanut butter and banana slices!
Don’t forget the strawberries and blueberries. Point is you have so many different varieties you can choose from.
What is the best type of bread for French toast?
Always choose the fluffiest bread with the greatest moisture content you could find, like brioche or challah.
How to make the classic IHOP French toast combo?
This combo is one of my favorite dishes ever. It’s made of French toast, topped with literally everything. Bacon or sausage, hash browns, and eggs. Eggs could be cooked in any way you like.
How to Make Stuffed French Toast Like IHop
- 8 Pieces of brioche bread (you can use any type of bread you prefer)
- ¾ cup of milk
- 3 large eggs
- A tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Butter to fry your toast
- Optional fruits for serving (strawberries, banana, jam, maple syrup)
- Beat the eggs with milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large bowl so that you can dip your bread in.
- Slice your bread into ¾-inch to 1-inch pieces. Dip each slice in the egg mixture after thoroughly combining it.
- Start aligning your dipped bread on a pan that’s coated with butter over medium-low heat. Fry them until they have this crispy golden brown color for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Drizzle the pieces with maple syrup, honey, or any fruit according to your preference.
Check Out More Copycat Recipes
Welcome to Julie’s kitchen site, where we like to share everything food-related. Starting from raw ingredients. How to pick, store, cook, freeze, and reheat them, moving to all the kitchen appliances that would be an indispensable necessity to you, that would make your life easier. Ending with the most flavorful, fancy, and amazing detailed food recipes that you can make at the comfort of your home, and easily impress all your guests with, all while enjoying cooking them.