We have already agreed on how amazing and delicious Key lime pie truly is. I mean, it’s quick, easy, and definitely full of flavors. The key lime with the creamy and rich flavor of the condensed milk, all in the form of a pie. What’s not to love?
For all the people that rely on a gluten-free diet, I come bearing gifts. Here’s a gluten-free key lime pie recipe. Sorry, the best gluten-free key lime pie recipe out there, where you could enjoy this heavenly pie without any repercussions on your health. You can use your own homemade gluten-free graham crackers or the store-brought ones if you’re in a hurry, where it will just take you 5 minutes to make!
Frequently asked questions
How many servings can one pie give?
Each pie can serve 8 large slices.
How to choose a pie pan?
If you have trouble with the removal of the pie from the regular pie pan. You can use aluminum disposable pie plates or springform pans that can easily release the pie.
How to enhance the flavor of the pie?
The addition of the lime zest with the key lime juice really brings out the flavor of the key lime.
How To Make The Best Gluten Free Key Lime Pie
For the Graham cracker crust:
- 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs (homemade or store-brought ones)
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar.
For the key lime filling:
- 1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup (150 ml) key lime juice (fresh or bottled)
For the Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Start by mixing all the crust ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spread the mix on a pie pan evenly to make the layer of crust. Transfer the pan to a preheated oven at 350F for 7 minutes. Leave the pan to cool for 30 minutes.
- Beat together the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and the key lime juice till a smooth consistency is formed.
- Spread the filling on the crust and bake for another 15 minutes.
- After removing the pan from the oven, let it cool for 30 minutes, then transfer to the fridge to chill for at least 8 hours.
- Whisk with a stand mixer the sugar and heavy cream together, then add the vanilla extract for final flavor. Beat till the whipped cream form.
- Decorate your pie. Slice it up and enjoy!
Hi, I’m Julie, the passionate foodie and founder of Juliesfamilykitchen.com. I created this blog out of a drive to prove someone wrong, and then I realized how much I truly enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. In my free time, when I’m not running around after my kids or spending quality time with my partner, you can usually find me in the kitchen experimenting with new dishes.