This recipe for Coconut and Raspberry Loaf Cake is the ideal easy bake for a Sunday afternoon when you are craving something sweet to go with your cup of tea.
A classic combination of coconut and raspberry makes an incredibly moist loaf, bursting with flavor, finished with a sweet jammy topping. This cake is no faff, works-every-time method.
All you need is 8 ingredients and 8 minutes of prep time. It is an all-in-one-bowl recipe cutting out the mess. Serve with a cup of tea, sit back, relax and enjoy!
If you aren’t in the mood for raspberries, swap them out for strawberries and strawberry jam! Another great combination is using blueberries and blueberry jam.
Coconut and Raspberry Loaf Cake Recipe
- - Cake
- 225g self raising flour
- 175g unsalted butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 75g dried sweetened coconut*
- 3 large eggs
- - Topping
- 4 tablespoons raspberry conserve or jam
- 40g dried sweetened coconut*
- *I used Sweet & Tender Coconut by Sainsbury’s found in the baking aisle
- Preheat the oven to 160C/320F. You will need a 2lb loaf tin. Lightly grease and line it with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, butter, desiccated coconut in a bowl.
- Gradually add in the eggs and melted coconut oil to combine.
- Gently fold in the raspberries and spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Use a skewer to check if the center is cooked, if not bake for further 15 minutes on the lowest oven shelf. It should be springy to touch with a cracked, pale gold top.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the tin for 10 minutes to cool before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool.Once cold spread the raspberry jam over the top and scatter the remaining coconut on top prompting it to stick to the jam.