A 15-minute quick pasta dish for the busy bees! This chorizo and spinach tagliatelle pasta is my go-to recipe whenever I need my pasta fix or I need something that says easy, hearty, and especially a tasty meal.
I love using chorizo as my protein, it has paprika that gives my pasta that smokey flavor. In addition to that is the green goodness from spinach which makes it healthy and a little kick from the chili flakes completing this flavor bomb sauce! I tell you, it’s a winner baby, and my husband big thumbs up can attest to that!
Tip: Always stock up on chorizo and a bag of spinach in your freezer. This has saved me a lot of time from doing grocery shopping and the best part, it’s freezer friendly! These two ingredients can even last for 1-2months inside the freezer. Made a simple recipe below, Bon Appetit!
Chorizo and Spinach Tagliatelle Recipe
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 75g diced cooking chorizo
- 400g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 100g frozen spinach whole leaf (usually 4 cubes)
- black pepper
- In a pan, heat olive oil and sauté the onions until soft.
- Add the diced chorizo and render over medium heat until it starts to crisp.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chili flakes, frozen spinach cubes, and a fresh crack of black pepper.
- Bring to a boil and simmer with partially covering for 20 minutes. Gradually stir to break the frozen spinach in the sauce.
- In another pot with salted boiling water, cook the tagliatelle until al dente. Reserve a cup of pasta water.
- Drain the tagliatelle and add to the sauce with a little of pasta water.
- While the heat is on, stir for another 30 seconds and serve immediately.