Here is our recipe for the best Halloween cookie recipes which are the perfect spooky treat!
These chocolate Halloween cookies are jet black with a chewy center and crispy edges. Loaded with crunchy orange candies to put everyone in the Halloween spirit.
Our recipe uses orange M&Ms however any other candies can be used to make spooky orange and black cookies. Try also using green candies for these Halloween cookies!
If you are looking for ideas to bake with kids these are really perfect. An easy all-in-one-bowl recipe with no mixer needed. Simply stir everything together and bake. The perfect spooky snack!
Halloween Cookie Recipe
- Cookie dough
- 50 grams golden caster sugar
- 50 grams light muscovado sugar
- 75 grams unsalted butter (softened)
- 335 grams plain flour
- 40 grams cocoa powder
- 75 grams golden syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1½ tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F. Line two flat baking trays with parchment paper and set them aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and mix until smooth
- Add in the vanilla and one by one add the eggs, mixing in between.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and mix then gradually add into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the dark chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon or ice cream scoop to scoop the dough onto the cookie sheets forming around 24 individual balls. Give space in between each ball so they don’t touch one another.
- Gently press around 3 or 4 M&M's onto the top of each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the cookies are firm, they should still be soft in the center.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before enjoying!