Refreshing zingy key lime coconut cupcakes bring you all the best tropical island flavors. These coconut lime cupcakes are an ode to the upcoming summer and will have you dreaming of Pina Coladas and mojitos.
Fluffy White chocolate cupcakes with a silky, tart coconut buttercream key lime frosting. The sharpness of the lime cuts perfectly through the sweetness of the coconut icing creating a delectable tangy combination.
The white chocolate cupcake recipe is made with chopped chocolate or chocolate chips. Switch the chocolate for dark if you prefer. Get adventurous with decorating and use crystallized lime pieces to decorate your key lime cupcakes. Giving you even more of a tangy sour kick!
Key Lime Coconut Cupcakes
- - Chocolate lime cupcakes
- 160g unsalted butter (softened)
- 160g golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 130g self raising flour
- 30g Sugar and Crumbs chocolate lime cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- - Coconut Lime Buttercream
- 125g Sugar and Crumbs coconut lime icing sugar
- 60g unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Dried sweetened coconut to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F line a muffin tin with cases, set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the white chocolate cupcake ingredients and beat well to fully combine, creating a pale batter.
- Divide the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 25 minutes until cooked.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes before transferring the cupcakes onto a wire rack to completely cool.
- in the meantime, make the buttercream by mixing the shredded coconut, butter, powdered sugar, and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk until creamed. Divide the buttercream amongst the top of each cupcake using two spoons, finishing with a sprinkle of coconut and the lime zest.