My Chocolate and Cashew Buckwheat Cookies is my version of gluten-free indulgence. I made these cookies, especially for my gluten intolerant followers! I hope you will find this interesting.
These are made with dark chocolate chips and my favorite, cashew nuts. I also used buckwheat as this is a great alternative to wheat flour and gives you that earthy-nutty flavor packed with nutrients (it’s a superfood!) that is good for the body.
I made the recipe as simple and delicious as possible; you won’t even know it’s gluten free!
Chocolate Cashew Buckwheat Cookies
- 175g unsalted butter (softened)
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 75g cashew nuts (chopped)
- 225g buckwheat flour
- Preheat the oven to 160ᵒC with a fan.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and light muscovado sugar until well combined. The color will turn into a light creamy cappuccino.
- Fold in buckwheat flour and mix until well combined.
- Scoop and divide the dough into 16 equal parts then shape into balls.
- Place the cookie dough balls on the lined baking trays and make sure to have even spacing.
- Flatten each dough until 1cm thick.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. This will prevent the cookies from spreading too much during baking.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Let the cookies rest on the baking trays for another 15 minutes.
- To finish, transfer to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!