With campfires and BBQ get-together, a nice and quick dessert is usually demanded. That’s why the Campfire orange cakes is the perfect recipe for these types of occasions. I can assure you that it will fascinate everyone with its nice orange presentation and delicious, moist and rich flavor.
How to Make Campfire Orange Cake
- 15 ounces of white cake mix (you can make your own homemade cake batter)
- Ingredients needed for the cake mix, oil, eggs, and water according to the box instructions
- 6 large oranges
- Whipped cream and sprinkles – optional for decoration
- Prepare your oranges by slicing their tops off. Remove their insides and leave the shells aside.
- Prepare your batter according to box instructions.
- Transfer the cake batter to a zip-lock bag and cut its corner to pipe the batter into each orange shell. Fill 2/3 of each orange shell with the cake batter.
- Close each orange with its top cover. Cover the oranges in aluminum foil and put each one on a baking tray.
- Bake the oranges in a preheated oven at 350F for 25 minutes.
- Leave the oranges to cool for few minutes after removing them from the oven. Remove the top cover and add whipped cream, sprinkles, or ice cream. Enjoy!
Hi, I’m Julie, the passionate foodie and founder of Juliesfamilykitchen.com. I created this blog out of a drive to prove someone wrong, and then I realized how much I truly enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. In my free time, when I’m not running around after my kids or spending quality time with my partner, you can usually find me in the kitchen experimenting with new dishes.