With campfires and BBQ get-together, a nice and quick dessert is usually demanded. That’s why the Campfire orange cakes is the perfect recipe for these types of occasions. I can assure you that it will fascinate everyone with its nice orange presentation and delicious, moist and rich flavor.
How to Make Campfire Orange Cake
- 15 ounces of white cake mix (you can make your own homemade cake batter)
- Ingredients needed for the cake mix, oil, eggs, and water according to the box instructions
- 6 large oranges
- Whipped cream and sprinkles – optional for decoration
- Prepare your oranges by slicing their tops off. Remove their insides and leave the shells aside.
- Prepare your batter according to box instructions.
- Transfer the cake batter to a zip-lock bag and cut its corner to pipe the batter into each orange shell. Fill 2/3 of each orange shell with the cake batter.
- Close each orange with its top cover. Cover the oranges in aluminum foil and put each one on a baking tray.
- Bake the oranges in a preheated oven at 350F for 25 minutes.
- Leave the oranges to cool for few minutes after removing them from the oven. Remove the top cover and add whipped cream, sprinkles, or ice cream. Enjoy!