This perfect summer salad is simple, healthy, bursting with flavor, and screams summertime!
Salad doesn’t have to be boring to be healthy. This recipe is made with creamy avocado, peppery rocket leaves, salty parma ham topped with parmesan cheese shavings coated in a sweet balsamic vinegar dressing. Quick and simple!
The below recipe makes for two heart platefuls. Experiment depending on what vegetables you prefer. For example, switch the spring onion for the chopped red onion.
Or for a vegetarian-friendly version, add sauteed shitake mushrooms instead of Parma ham. Our top tip is to double up the quantities of the balsamic dressing and leave the extra in the fridge to use over the next few weeks.
Avocado and Parma Ham Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- A handful of rocket leaves
- A handful of spinach leaves
- 4 pomodorino tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 avocado (cubed)
- 2 slices of Parma ham
- Parmesan cheese shavings
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Make the dressing by combining the balsamic vinegar, oil, pepper, and lemon juice in a small jug and whisk to combine.
- In a large salad bowl, add the spinach, rocket, spring onion, and tomatoes and drizzle dressing over the leaves and toss to coat.
- Serve between two serving plates and add the avocado, parma ham, and parmesan on top of each bed of leaves. Finish with the pine nuts on top.