I don’t know about you but I’m always experimenting with different lunch time ideas and I often make quesadillas for the kids lunch. However, these Chorizo & Pepper Quesadillas were created for my husband who was in need of a quick meal after a long day watching the cricket! I didn’t have much in the fridge at the time but had just enough ingredients to create these rather tasty quesadillas.
I find the easiest way of making quesadillas is fill one half of a tortilla at a time, whilst in a cold frying pan. Then flip the unfilled side of the tortilla over the filling. Place the frying pan on the hob as it is and heat through for about 5 minutes on one side then turn the quesdilla over to cook the top. There’s no need for oil, just use a good quality non stick frying pan.
Here’s the recipe
- 1 flour tortillas
- ½ tbsp tomato puree
- 4 slices of chorizo
- ½ roasted red pepper (from a jar)
- 2 tbsp grated mature cheddar cheese or mozzarella
- Dried chilli flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the pepper into bite size pieces.
- Place the tortilla in a large non stick frying pan.
- Spread the tomato puree over half of the tortilla.
- On the same half, add the cheese, the chorizo slices, and chopped pepper.
- Spinkle over the chilli flakes and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Fold the tortilla over the filling, so you have a filled semi circle in the frying pan.
- Cook on a medium heat for about 5 minutes until the base starts to char.
- Carefully flip over to cook the top or place under a grill for a minutes or 2, whichever you find easier.
- Cut into 3 slices and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Pin me for later
The Chorizo & Pepper Quesadillas are great as they are but why not serve them with sour cream and a quick guacamole made with mashed avocado, lime and chilli flakes or just a simple side salad instead.
Until next time.
Don’t miss a post, follow Julie’s Family Kitchen on: